Matcha Tea and Gren Tea in general is excellent for your face and body.
Here are 7 ways in which Green Tea and Matcha Tea can help with your selfcare and overall skincare goals.
1. Use a serum with green tea extract or green tea hydrosol. Green Tea contains EGCG and this compound improves skin elasticity when used frequently. It also slows down the process of skin aging by reducing wrinkles, improving moisture retention, and smoothening skin texture.
2. Apply a body mask made with green tea powder and French green clay. The powerful polyphenol found in EGCG is the star ingredient in a green tea body mask.
A matcha body mask is great for those suffering with skin cancer, for example, and will reduce inflammation, protect the skin from sun damage, strengthen the immune system, and help prevent cancer.
3. Use a Matcha Face Mask for Rosacea. Matcha is an extremely rich source of antioxidants which means it's great for combatting inflammation. If you have red, irritated skin such as hyperpigmentation, sunburns, and rosacea, use a body mask at least once per week. Follow up with yoyr usual rinse and moisturise routine.
4. As an Antioxidant Face Mist. Brew a cup of green tea and blend it with vegetable glycerine for a cool face must that can be kept in your fridge. As the d.i.y concoction won't have any preservative it must be kept refrigerated and thrown out after a week. It will help to neutralize free radicals and environmemtal toxins and this reduces oxidative stress which can accelerate cellular-aging. When used topically, the caffeine in green tea can energize the skin and promote skin firmness overtime.
5. Use a face cream with green tea extract or green tea hydrosol as it contains methylxanthines which have been shown to help stimulate microcirculation in the skin which not only helps promote healthy, radiant skin. Your complexion will be clearer and have a healthier skin colour and tone.
6. Address Hormonal Acne by drinking green tea and also applying cosmetics with green tea products to your skin. Hormonal acne is also causef by stress and an excess of androgen hormones. These hormones cause the sebaceous glands to produce higher amounts of sebum on the outer layer of the skin. Green tea addresses this egrn ingested and used topicslly. It relieves stress ( oxidative stress caused by free-radicals and emotionally by calming down the nervous system). EGCG is also anti-androgenic so if your androgen hormones are on the high side, matcha can offer some assistance in helping to reduce it.
7. Reduce Inflammation from Rashes, Sun Burns. Inflammation leads to pigmented skin. If you suffer red, irritated skin such as acne, eczema or rashes— matcha/greem tea can help soothe it.